Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday Dinner

Chickpea cutlets are a dependable McClure household favorite - I think they're Ben's all-time vegan favorite, actually. I made a tahini-dill sauce to go on top, and attempted the broccoli millet croquette recipe from Veganomicon for accompaniment. They didn't really croquet up, however, so it was kind of just like fried broccoli millet mush with tahini-dill sauce - which, fortunately, tasted fantastic. Then I roasted some asparagus and roasted red peppers in olive oil, lemon zest, and salt & pepper for extra vegetables.

It was a kind of complicated dinner, even for me, but ended up being worth it. I have leftover cutlets and millet/broccoli mixture for lunch tomorrow, and I'm going to use the asparagus and red pepper in a tempeh scramble for breakfast. I'm all about the efficiency over here.

No comments: