Sunday, June 19, 2011

Buckwheat..... Somethings

I wasn't going to post this but Ben said I had to.


HAHA. Um, yeah. This was supposed to be buckwheat waffles with tarragon mushroom red wine gravy. Unfortunately, the waffles stuck like crazy to the waffle iron so we were forced to make them into pancakes. But then the pancakes were super thin, so they were really like crepes, almost. And then they turned out to be the exact color of the gravy, which makes for a sort of horrifying photo.

We also ate some sauteed kale, out of bowls in the kitchen as we both stood there watching the "pancakes" cook, wondering if we would need to call and order Chinese food.

The thing is, though, the flavor of this meal was very good. It's just a shame the whole waffle part of the equation didn't work out. I made the batter about an hour before we cooked them, and I'm wondering if that was the problem? I might try again sometime soon. What else am I going to do with a bunch of buckwheat flour?

Here are some pictures of the my cute babies to cleanse the palate.


No comments: