Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Catalan Couscous Salad

I'm trying to work my way through the last of the Appetite for Reduction recipes I haven't made yet. I've never even considered the idea of cooking an entire cookbook before, so I'm kind of amazed at how close I've come in only six months or so. Mainly what I have left are soups and vegetable sides, but there are a few other things, too, and this salad was one of them.


It's a pretty basic spinach salad with sliced pear and cooked couscous mixed in, but the real star, as always, is the dressing. The main ingredients are toasted slivered almonds and an entire roasted red pepper, and the flavor is really dense and smoky. I topped it the rest of the tempeh cakes that I froze a couple of weeks ago, and the whole thing went together surprisingly well.

No comments: