Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chili Glazed Tofu with Sesame Rice

I'm failing at World Vegetarian week!

I was supposed to make sweet & sour tempeh tonight but I just couldn't deal with a new recipe plus I didn't feel like going to the store for kale. If we hadn't gone out for lunch today I probably would have ordered takeout, but I felt like I should be somewhat financially responsible. So I threw together an old standby: Chili Glazed Tofu. This is the recipe that helped me finally figure out how to make tofu taste good, and I still make it all the time. The recipe calls for serving the tofu over asparagus and rice, but I will often throw in some sort of frozen vegetable instead (edamame is good) if asparagus is out of season.

Tonight I located a box of broccoli in the freezer and chopped it up into tiny bits, grated up some carrots, and mixed that into the rice for vegetables. This whole thing took about 15 minutes. So easy and so delicious! I can't believe I haven't made it in the entire life of the blog up to this point. Anyway, here it is.

No comments: