Friday, June 17, 2011

Pizza and Cookies!

I went to the store after work to get sesame oil and came home with all the ingredients for pizza. I don't know what happened!

I made pesto for the base, some tofu ricotta to spread on top of that, and then added some Lightlife Veggie Pepperoni and shiitake mushrooms. I also made the dough for the first time ever! Ben usually does it but he wasn't home yet and I thought I could probably figure it out. MMM, PIZZA.


Then I decided to try another batch of ice cream, since my attempt over the weekend failed. And, naturally, since I was making ice cream, I might as well make some cookies. This chocolate chip recipe is from Vegan Diner, and is the best of the (er, three) vegan chocolate chip cookie recipes I've tried in the past few months. They were perfect!

The ice cream worked, too, which was a relief. I kind of made the recipe up and it is VERY sweet, but I don't really care because a) we like sugar and b) my main goal was just to make sure the machine could actually make ice cream. I've had it since we got married but I think I'd only used it maybe twice. I plan to put it to good use now, though, because good non-dairy ice cream is really expensive.

Oh, and I made this thing on Wednesday and it was good.

It's a chilean-style shepherd's pie type thing, except with corn pudding on the top rather than mashed potatoes. I didn't post it because I forgot to take a picture showing the insides (potatoes, carrots, peas, tempeh), so I only have the crusty baked top here. It was a nice hearty dinner, though, something I will make again for sure.

No comments: