Sunday, June 26, 2011

Persian Ratatouille

Since I went vegan I've been cooking almost exclusively from vegan cookbooks and basically ignoring everything else. This week I decided to change that and have a week devoted to cooking from Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian, a cookbook I've had for at least ten years. I've made a few things from it over the years but not nearly enough.

Tonight I made her Persian "Ratatouille", a layered baked dish of lots of different vegetables and fruits: onion, eggplant, carrots, apples, zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes... I think that's all. There are chopped dried apricots and prunes on the top, and then seasoned tomato juice is poured over the top before baking.

The pictures are extremely unimpressive, but the flavors in this thing were amazing. Definite win! Looking forward to the rest of the week.


No comments: