Saturday, June 25, 2011

Appetizery Dinner

When we were little, my favorite dinner was what my dad called a Platter, which was cold cuts and sweet pickles and Chicken in a Biskit crackers. Honestly, we thought it was heaven. Tonight I decided to make a vegan version of Platter. It was slightly fancier, and with more vegetables, but the same basic idea.

I make stuffed mushrooms at the slightest opportunity. I remove the stems, chop them into tiny pieces and saute them with garlic, then mix that with cream cheese and salt & pepper to fill the mushrooms caps. I topped these with some chives from our "garden" (which is 1 chives plant and 1 basil plant, in pots on the porch). This is the first time I've done them with vegan cream cheese but they were the same.

I also roasted some asparagus with jerk seasonings (I am all about the jerk seasonings lately), and then we had water crackers, sliced cucumber, vegan sausages (homemade, naturally), and spreadable garlicky cheeze (ditto).

Here is a little cracker sandwich thing.


This dinner totally hit the spot. I'm easy to please.

No comments: