Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Spicy Tempeh, Creole-Stuffed Peppers & Messy Rice

All of these recipes are from Veganomicon. I chose this dinner using the tried and true "open a page and go with it method", and the page happen to open to the Creole-Stuffed Peppers. Now, historically Ben has been kind of whiny about not liking stuffed peppers, but I decided to disregard that and make them anyway.

They were GREAT. Every time I've made stuffed peppers before you just slice them open and stuff them up and bake for a while, but these were boiled for 5 minutes beforehand to soften them up and it made a huge difference. The filling is black-eyed peas, carrots, tomatoes, garlic & onion, etc. Totally delicious.

I was going to just bake the tempeh but I caved halfway through the cooking time and took it out of the oven to fry it. It's better that way! And the rice was great too, seasoned with garlic, tomato paste & coriander.



No comments: