Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmastime!

It's Christmastime!!


OK so I am a couple days late. Ben and I had a very, very nice Christmas weekend together - I left work early Friday and we hardly left the house all weekend, except to take long walks. We did miss our families, but it's awfully nice to have a quiet Christmas every once in a while.

Christmas morning I made pumpkin pie oatmeal in Christmas ramekins! I haven't made this recipe for over a year and I have no idea why. It's super fast and delicious and it reheats wonderfully. I have some leftover canned pumpkin so I'm going to make some more tonight for weekday breakfasts. I used canola oil in place of butter in the oatmeal mixture, and earth balance for the topping. Otherwise, the recipe is already vegan.

Sorry for the blurry picture. I need to stop using my iPhone for blog pictures, probably.



Christmas dinner was chickpea cutlets with mustard sauce, herb-scalloped potatoes, kale, and cranberry sauce. I was going to make roasted baby carrots, too, but I was scared I wouldn't like them and realized I'd rather just eat an extra chickpea cutlet instead.


For dessert I made the Vegan Diner's Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding recipe, except I used a loaf of sour cherry chocolate bread I found at the grocery store. I also used full-fat coconut milk instead of light. Living on the edge! It was off the hook awesome and took no time at all to put together.





Let's wrap this up with some cat pictures. We are becoming increasingly insane about these guys.

Banana was curled up for his afternoon nap (usually 12:00 to 7:00 p.m.) and Benjamin thought he looked cold so he gave him a little blanket. Banana was not terribly amused.



But Papaya had a terrific time with all the boxes and paper left over from present opening.


Merry Christmas!

No comments: