Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Kitties!

Last night Ben built a fire in the fireplace for the first time since we adopted Banana and Papaya last summer. I sort of expected them to launch themselves over the grate into the fire, but they were both very politely interested and well-behaved about the whole thing. Banana loves to be warm so he laid like this right in front of the fire for most of the night - his fur was almost too hot to touch. Silly boy!



We also got a brand-new Ikea Expedit bookcase courtesy of my mom for Christmas! I was extremely impressed with Ben's putting-together skills; it only took about an hour and he was so patient and methodical. I don't like to imagine what would have happened if I'd tried to assemble a six-foot square bookcase.

Papaya provided some very helpful assistance for the duration of the assembly.



They are both pretty big fans of the bookcase. I still need to get some baskets and things for the empty spaces, but for now they're making it their own. (Papaya is in the lower left! She's hard to see.)

No comments: