Friday, December 9, 2011

Braised Cabbage with Seitan

I almost didn't make this dinner, despite it being on the schedule, because a) it sounded sort of yucky and b) I was lazy and kind of headachy. If we hadn't had to pay for a new heat pump yesterday I probably would have ordered pizza, but I felt guilty about spending money.

So I made it (from Appetite for Reduction) and it's one of the most surprisingly delicious things I've made in ages. The seitan is sauteed first, and then braised with the cabbage in a thyme and garlic broth for about 15 minutes. It was super fast and the end result was super flavorful and juicy and delicious. Amazing.



Dinners like this make me glad to be vegan and also glad to have committed myself to cooking all the way through Appetite for Reduction. I would never have made this otherwise.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I recognize that little Christmas Tree dish in the background.