Friday, December 23, 2011

Seitan Katsu with Tonkatsu Sauce

I've put this recipe (from American Vegan Kitchen) on my weekly dinner plan at least three times but for various reasons never got around to it. And now I regret that because it was awesome. I used Viva Vegan white seitan and almost skipped the breading & frying out of laziness, but I'm so glad I didn't because breaded + fried is always a good idea.

The seitan is served with a simple cabbage & carrot slaw and an awesome sweet Japanese sauce, sort of like what is commonly on fancy sushi rolls. I put the whole thing over lo mein noodles to make it a complete meal.



Ben took one bite and said, "Well, you've really outdone yourself here." I feel bad taking credit when I'm just following a recipe! It was really good, though.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I've wanted to make this for so long, and you've given me the little push I needed. It looks great!