Saturday, March 12, 2011

Weekend Breakfast

I'm proud of this because I made a tofu scramble with no recipe and it was good. I sauteed some garlic and shallots, added cumin and turmeric and nutritional yeast, and then the tofu and black beans and some chipotle salsa. Yummy!


I roasted the potatoes instead of frying them since we're trying to be healthy. And then the other thing is tempeh "bacon" strips. I bought the pre-seasoned kind just to try them out, but I think I can pretty easily season plain tempeh myself and it will be at least as good. So I'll just so that from now on.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry, but that fake bacon is just too strange looking for me.

molly said...

Well, calling it "bacon" is probably not the best idea anyway. It's savory and tasty, but not bacony in the least.