Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Miscellaneous Indian Food

Because I was gone until last night, I wasn't able to make my weekly trip to the store on Sunday morning. So this is going to be a Challenge Week, where I try to make it until the following weekend without shopping for groceries. We have plenty of food in the house, really. Last night I made chili (no pictures), which we'll be able to eat for lunches for a few days, and tonight I made an Indian dinner using some tofu I had in the fridge and a couple of pantry items that have been sitting there for a few months.


I simmered the tofu in the curry sauce with half a chopped onion, and served it over basmati rice with the punjab eggplant on the side. I'd never had that eggplant stuff before but it was very tasty.


We also had some samosa from the box I got at the Indian market, with mint chutney on the side.

No comments: