Sunday, March 27, 2011

Potato & Seitan Enchiladas

I spent a loooong time cooking today. I made the seitan from scratch, as well as the tomatillo (green) sauce and pine nut crema for the topping. These don't look like much, but they were really good.


I used corn tortillas, which immediately fell apart when I tried to transfer them to the plates. We prefer flour, anyway, so I will be going back to those next time.

In other news, Papaya is getting more and more attached to us lately, it seems. She follows us from room to room more than Banana does and she LOVES the new countertops. She always hangs out in the kitchen now to supervise my cooking.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I loooooove corn tortillas. They're the only torts allowed in my house. Did you grill them first? If you fire them on both sides for a few seconds on a gas stove, they won't fall apart like that. Plus, if you accidently burn one, you can just eat it and it's delicious!

molly said...

Yeah, I did that (in a skillet) before rolling them up. They didn't fall apart until I tried to take them out of the baking dish! I don't know what's up with that.