Monday, March 14, 2011

Tofu with Orange-Ginger Sauce & Israeli Couscous

This (from my friend Marianne's blog) was one of the recipes I was saddest to give up when I quit meat in November 2009. I looooove that recipe. The sauce is what makes it, all creamy orange gingery goodness. I tossed around the idea of trying it with some sort of vegetarian protein, but then it kind of fell off my radar for a while. And then I spied the Israeli couscous during the red cabinet inventory and decided to try it with some fried tofu. It worked and it was deeelicious. I used Vegenaise in place of the mayo in the sauce, and vegetable broth (obviously) instead of chicken. I normally used veg broth even when I made it with the shrimp, though.

ANYWAY here it is.


Man. The sauce is every bit as good as I remember, and I let the tofu fry forever (nearly an hour) while I put everything else together, so it got a nice crispy crust on it. I'm definitely adding this back into the rotation.

No comments: