Friday, March 4, 2011

I made some dips!

My friends Lauren and Amy came over for dinner last night. I made some lentil-eggplant chili, which was not photogenic, but I also made three appetizery dips from scratch!

I chose these recipes entirely because I had all the ingredients at home already. It's kind of amazing what a stockpile of various nuts I've built up without even realizing it.

They are, from left to right:
  • curried carrot dip (This was the biggest risk, but I figured it wouldn't be terrible and it actually did turn out to be pretty tasty. The carrots were blended with sunflower seeds to give it a little nutty flavor.);
  • mediterranean creamy cucumber-cashew dip (like tzatziki - and it actually did taste like tzatziki! Which is good because that's something I've missed.);
  • and hummus. I knew the hummus would be fine, because how hard is hummus? It's kind of shameful that I've been veganing for almost six months and hadn't made my own hummus yet. The homemade version really makes you realize how much oil is in the stuff you buy at the grocery store.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

And such a lovely embroidered dish towel.

Ann said...

That's not fair, I was going to say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!den

Unknown said...

The tzatziki dip was my favorite! I liked the carrot dip too, but the tzatziki was super delicious.

The chili was really good too!