Saturday, February 26, 2011

Whole Wheat Fusilli with Roasted Vegetables

Ben said I shouldn't post a picture of this because it looks like "vegan hippie dirt food." Hmph. He also said that if I DID post it, I should be sure to say that the appearance is inversely proportional to the taste, by which he means that he loved it.


This is hardly even a recipe. I cut up 2 zucchini, 2 yellow squash, a bunch of asparagus, a red bell pepper, half a red onion, 6 cloves of garlic, and some cherry tomatoes, tossed everything with olive oil, salt & pepper, and thyme & oregano, and roasted the vegetables for half an hour at 450 degrees. It looked like an obscene amount of food before I threw it on the oven, but everything cooked down quite a bit. Then I mixed the cooked vegetables with some whole wheat pasta and 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar. That's it! Yum.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I think it looks super tasty and not dirty hippie food at all.

Little Smiths said...

Yeah, I think it looks like one of the best things yet, but I like just veggies and pasta with not much sauce. Looks delicious!

Unknown said...

I think it looks good too, hippie.