Thursday, February 10, 2011

Buffalo Tempeh, Cole Slaw, & Onion Rings

I don't like spicy food, I couldn't care less about coleslaw, and I don't like onion rings, either. Therefore, I made this dinner. All of these recipes have been getting rave reviews so I decided to give it a go.

I cut the hot sauce in the tempeh marinade from 1/2 cup to 1/4th, which turned out to be a great idea because it was still way spicy. The coleslaw went with it perfectly, cooling off the heat with a delicious cashew-based dressing. Nobody would ever guess the dressing is made primarily of cashews - it just tasted like a good, basic coleslaw. And the ONION RINGS. My god. They were coated in an almond milk/flour/cornstarch batter, then dipped into panko bread crumbs and baked. The only thing wrong with them is that I didn't make enough. These are going to be a staple side dish in my house.

1 comment:

Ellie B said...

This meal looks SO delicious. I wish you could cook for me!