Monday, August 8, 2011

Pesto Scrambled Tofu with Roasted Potatoes

Soooo....I had a rough time with dinners last week. This ridiculous summer is really starting to get me down - I just don't feel like cooking (or even eating, really) when it's 100 degrees day after day. Last week we ate some leftovers from the freezer, ordered pizza one night... I can't even remember what else. But it was nothing worth mentioning. Then I was out of town all weekend. But never fear! I'm back.

Unfortunately, my camera batteries are dead so I had to take a picture with my phone, which is not the best.



It's sort of hard to tell what's going on here, eh? Someday I will have a real phone like a grownup and will not have this issue. But anyway, this is a tofu scramble with onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, and homemade pesto. Our basil plant is out of control and I needed to use some of it - I took two cups of leaves off the plant to make the pesto and you can't even tell! I also got some teeny potatoes at the grocery store and roasted them in olive oil and salt & pepper. Quick and delicious!

No comments: