Sunday, August 14, 2011

Baba Ghanoush Burgers with Tabbouleh

This was my second outing from The Best Veggie Burgers in the World, a mediterranean-inspired burger made from (farmer's market) eggplant, chickpea flour, TVP, onion, and garlic. I didn't really believe they would stick together in patties while I fried them up, but they did! I served them in half a pita with hummus and farmer's market tomatoes. I can't believe how amazing real tomatoes are! I never thought I would be the sort of person who would stand in the kitchen and eat slices of raw tomato, but somehow it's happened the last several years.

I made tabbouleh to go with, but am less than thrilled at how it turned out. I followed a recipe despite my misgivings about how much water it called for (3 cups to cook 1 cup of bulgur), and I should have trusted my gut - it was way too much and the bulgur got all gummy. But the flavors were good, so we ate it anyway.




No comments: