Saturday, August 13, 2011

Brunch

I've been a real slacker this year about going to the farmer's market - it's just been so hot most of the time that I haven't felt like dealing with it. I finally made it down there yesterday, though, and got a bunch of weird squashes and baby eggplants (white and purple) and some purple bell peppers! I also got tomatoes (not pictured).


This morning I made a big brunch to start using up my haul. A tofu scramble with some of the squash and bell pepper, and home fries with pepper & onions. I could eat home fries every single day - I don't know if it's the Irish in me or what, but I love fried potatoes like nothing else. I also made a little fruit salad of blueberries, peaches, and banana for vitamin purposes.



It was GREAT. I've been in a breakfast rut lately and I think tofu scrambles might be the answer.

No comments: