Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekend Project: Spice Cabinet Reorganization

My spice cabinet has been a stressful scene for me since I've been cooking so much over the past year or so. It's a jumbled mess, with some things in plastic bags, bottles stacked on top of each other, 2 or 3 of the same spice because I would buy more after not being able to find the one I already had, etc. I needed some other kind of solution but I don't really have the wall or counter space for one of those fancy spice racks.

Then someone on my vegan message board posted this idea of putting everything in little plastic baggies, organized alphabetically. I can totally get behind some alphabetical organization! So this afternoon my spice situation went from this:




To this!



I actually ran out of space in the box, and may get another one. The cabinet is very user-friendly at this point, though; I can actually see what's in there!


Look at all those empty bottles! No wonder I could never find anything. And here is my confession for the day: I threw all those suckers in the trash. I just couldn't face rinsing them all out for the recycling.




3 comments:

Ann said...

That's a neat idea !!!!

Sarah said...

WAY too much cognitive analysis to work for me.

molly said...

It's less cognitive analysis! Or less cognitive frustration, anyway. I get so irritated pawing through all those bottles.