Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tofu Kale Peanut Wraps

I made these last night for dinner and didn't bother to take a picture, because all wrapped up it just looked like a burrito and who cares about that? But then I ate one and it was super amazingly delicious, so when I wrapped up the leftovers for lunch I took a picture.

Now, normally I am strongly opposed to tortillas except in mexican food. And this stuff was actually supposed to be inside a pita, but we ran out and it's too hot to go to the grocery store after work. So I bent my rule and was very pleased with the result.

The tofu is cut into large matchstick shapes, marinated in some various spices (it was actually a complicated marinade but in the future I'll just do some basic soy sauce & vegetable broth) and then pan-fried to get a little crispy edge. Kale is steamed. And then there is a little chopped cucumber and shredded carrot and fresh basil thrown in. The whole thing is topped with a totally delicious peanut sauce made from ginger, garlic, peanut butter, soy sauce, vegetable broth, rice wine vinegar, and I think that's all. It was EXTREMELY TASTY. This is going into the regular rotation for sure.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That looks so tasty! I bet it would be good in the pitas or even as spring rolls.