Sunday, July 31, 2011

A New Car!

Friday night Ben and I went to Carmax and bought a new car! His Altima needed about a thousand dollars worth of work, and despite the fact that "the engine runs great!" I convinced him it was time to let go.

We had decided on a 2010 Ford Fusion, but once the salesman ran the Carfax report we saw that it had been in an accident at some point, so we went back out to drive more cars. We pretty quickly settled on the Mazda6, which I liked better than the Fusion anyway. It's shiny!




Carmax offered us $150 for the Altima, but we politely declined. The next morning Benjamin sold it on Craigslist for $750 to some guy who responded to the ad within 20 minutes. Score!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

It's great, Molly! Congratulations.

By the way, the dealer wouldn't take my car and then I sold it on Craiglist for $1200! It's definitely better to do it that way.