Friday, October 21, 2011

Tomato Basil Ricotta Tart

This dinner was inspired by my friend Kristin, who made a non-vegan version earlier this week. Instead of real ricotta, I used Veganomicon's cashew ricotta, which is absolutely delicious. I have never been a fan of ricotta cheese, but I can (and do) eat this stuff straight from the bowl.

I got some frozen puff pastry and let it thaw, then topped it with a layer of ricotta, then chopped garlic and basil, then more ricotta, then some tomatoes I'd pre-roasted in the oven for about 30 minutes.

This was the last of our basil plant for the year, I think - some of it looked a little damaged from the cold and this weekend it's going to get down into the 30s.



I put a little more basil on top, and then drizzled with some balsamic vinegar.



It was sooooo gooooood. Such a great idea. I'm going to be making variations of this thing all the time.



No comments: