Sunday, October 23, 2011

Nachos

I've read about this vegan queso a few times on the internet but just assumed it wasn't available around here, because it seems like all the good vegan stuff isn't available around here. Then when I saw it written up somewhere again this week, I thought, "Oh, I'll just check," and then discovered they have it at my Whole Foods. This is GREAT because I have been craving some nachos something fierce.


We had a small test run with chips yesterday to make sure it was good - Ben was scared to try it but I made him. Like most vegan cheese sauces, it's nutritional yeast based, but is also super spicy, which somehow makes it seem more cheese-like.

Other stuff on the nachos included black beans, chopped Viva Vegan red seitan, tomato, lettuce, and cashew ricotta to stand in for the sour cream. Totally delicious.



2 comments:

Matt said...

I didn't *mind* this, but it didn't blow me away any more than stuff I make at home.. and here in Australia, it's $12.40 for a jar! It's insaaaane!

molly said...

Whoa, that's crazy expensive! It was $4.99 here. Good for an occasional treat.