Monday, October 17, 2011

Butternut Squash & Black Bean Enchiladas

My sister visited this weekend so I wanted to make some tried-and-true things, and we also had to stick to soy-free since my 5 month old nephew is apparently soy intolerant. I decided to go with this Vegetarian Times recipe I've been making for a long time. I always add a can of black beans (drained & rinsed) for protein and also because it cuts the sweetness of the squash a little bit. I leave off the cheddar now, obviously. And I made the Cashew Crema from Viva Vegan to go on top.



For dessert we made Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting. It seemed a little weird going into the pans - the batter was kind of thick - but the end result was fantastic. It's like carrot cake except without the carrots!



No comments: