Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Baked Ziti

None of the pictures of this dinner turned out very well, but I'm posting it anyway because it's something I make all the time and forget to upload. This is another of the really popular recipes from Veganomicon, and one of the first vegan things I ever made. Cashew-tofu ricotta is mixed with canned pumpkin and caramelized onions and pasta, then topped with homemade sage bread crumbs and baked. It's funny to think back to the first time I made this because I remember it being total chaos, but I've got it all down now and this thing was ready to go in the oven in less than a half hour.



The especially good thing about this pumpkin ziti, in addition to the deliciousness, is that it makes the perfect amount for two 8x8 casseroles - so I bake one and freeze the other, and we have a super easy awesome dinner ready to go in the freezer.

No comments: