Sunday, May 22, 2011

No-Tuna Noodle Casserole


This could also be called TuNO Noodle Casserole. GET IT???

This worked well as a stand-in for the standard tuna/egg noodles/cheddar cheese/cream of mushroom soup casserole. The recipe is from American Vegan Kitchen, another new cookbook I got last week. In this recipe, cashews are blended with some vegetable broth, dijon mustard, and artichoke hearts to make the "cream" part of the equation, and chickpeas are roasted in a million delicious spices for the protein. Then I just sauteed up some chopped leeks, mushrooms, and red pepper, mixed it all together with some fusilli pasta, and topped with some herby panko bread crumbs. Totally hit the spot!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Seems like a LOT of work.

molly said...

What else do I have to do? I have a cleaning lady and I send the laundry out. :)