Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tofu Salad Sandwiches

Tofu salad sandwiches were one of my last frontiers of vegan cooking. They just sound gross, like some kind of crappy egg salad imitation, and I have a weird mental block about tofu on sandwiches, period. But I made this anyway, to avoid having to go to the store for other lunch ingredients, and also because I have been hearing rave reviews of the recipe (from The Best Veggie Burgers in the World).


It was soooo gooood and I have some left over for lunch tomorrow and I am very excited about it. We put some arugula on the sandwich, too, to make it extra vegan.

I told Ben to "take some artistic photos of that sandwich" while I was dishing up the (not pictured) pasta side dish and I think he did a good job!



The tofu in this recipe is sauteed with onion and garlic, then mixed with various spices, nutritional yeast, Vegenaise, and mustard. I don't know what about the whole thing makes it so delicious but the flavors are just perfect. This is going to be a summer staple at my house.

No comments: