Sunday, March 25, 2012

Tempeh Stroganoff Stuffed Potatoes

Today I baked potatoes in the crock pot and it worked perfectly! I'm so excited! I pricked some holes in them and stuck them in there on low and cooked them for a little over six hours. I think they would have been fine for even longer, so it will work great for workdays too. Whoot!

OK so the filling is a stroganoff recipe from American Vegan Kitchen: baked tempeh cubes and mushrooms in a (homemade) tofu-chive sour cream sauce. Then you hollow out the potatoes and add the mashed filling to the tempeh mixture, mix it all together, and stuff the potatoes. It was delicious! I have tons of extra filling to eat plain for breakfast tomorrow.


It is full on spring here now, which means:




but also:



Pine pollen in Raleigh is the worst! It's been raining really frequently over the past couple of weeks but that looks to be ending after today, so this week is going to be pretty gross, I think. Check out the buildup on my car after only one day!


Yuck.

No comments: