Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tahini Dill Sauce and Cheesecake

So after we ate that pizza the other night, we decided to have more pizza the next day also. And then we both started to feel pretty gross and fat. So for our next dinner I went super simple and light, with some steamed kale, baked tofu, and Veganomicon's Tahini Dill Sauce.


That tahini dill sauce is SO GOOD. So for today's lunch I went to the store and got more kale and did some smoky tempeh to serve it with.




I also made a cheesecake. This recipe is from Vegan Planet, a Robin Robertson book I got from the library to try out - I've been feeling like I'm about ready for a new cookbook. It's supposed to be key lime, but somehow I forgot to get limes so I used lemons instead. I also made a blueberry-ginger sauce for topping.



It is delicious. The best vegan cheesecake so far. However, none of them have been quite dense enough. This one has a 1:3 ratio of silken tofu to vegan cream cheese and I'm thinking of starting to experiment and use more cream cheese than tofu. Experimenting seems scary, though! We'll see.

No comments: