Sunday, November 6, 2011

Marbled Banana Bread & Rustic Winter Stew

I put off this stew for three days before I finally convinced myself to make it. It seemed hard in my head, what with peeling the carrots and cutting things up, etc., so basically I was just lazy. And then, of course, once I actually got started it didn't take very much work at all. It's also very good, perfect for a chilly night!


And then I made more bread. It's really no wonder I've gained eight pounds in 4 months. This is "lower fat", but that hardly matters if you eat the whole thing in less than a day. Fortunately, when I make anything dessert-like it's a given that Ben will take care of at least two-thirds of it for me, but still. STILL.

This is chocolate banana bread. I've never done marbling before and it came out pretty!



3 comments:

Matt said...

Wow! Your marbled bread looks great.. I've never attempted something marbled before, but this may just give me the confidence to. And bananas are finally under $10/kg here now!

Sarah said...

Beautiful Bread. Can we have some next week-end?

Unknown said...

I want to make that stew! It looks delicious.