Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Brazilian Black Bean Stew

This Vegetarian Times recipe is one that we've been making for a couple of years. It's simple and good, but for some reason I always have a hard time talking myself into eating sweet potatoes. I don't know why, because I like them just fine, but I always feel like maybe it won't work out.



There's a wide variety of healthy things in this dish - sweet potato, black beans, red pepper, tomatoes, mango, cilantro - and very little oil, so it makes me feel good to eat it. The hardest part about the recipe is not eating up all the mango before it's time to add it to the soup.

I have repeat dinners planned for the rest of the week so there won't be much food excitement coming up, but stay tuned because we went to St. Louis for Labor Day and I have lots of pictures to post!

No comments: