Saturday, September 10, 2011

All-American Burgers & Banana Pudding Pie

Tonight I made another recipe from The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet, the All-American Burger. It's a pretty basic one - the main ingredients are mushrooms, TVP, and vital wheat gluten, with some nutritional yeast, liquid smoke, ground mustard, and onion powder for flavoring. I also made more of her plain white buns that we really love, and the Cool Slaw from Appetite for Reduction. The dressing is cashew-based and Ben asked me if it contained heavy (soy) cream, so I'd call that a win.

Please note sleepy cat in the background.


For dessert I made the Banana Pudding Pie from Vegan Diner. I had my doubts it would work out, as I so far haven't been too awesome at making pudding from scratch, but it did! The bottom is lined with bananas and the pudding is vanilla, but it all works together to be nice and banana-ey.



No comments: