Thursday, June 21, 2012

Raw Zucchini Salad + Noodles

Summer is suddenly upon us, and I don't feel like eating hot foods.  I also spent the weekend eating the entire city of New York, so plenty of vegetables are on the schedule for this week.

Last night I made a version of this recipe for a raw zucchini & asparagus ribbon salad.  We made it once at my sister's house and discovered that ribboning asparagus is a horrible pastime, so I skipped that and just chopped it up this time.  I also made a simple tahini-miso sauce (1/4 cup of each, plus a clove of garlic and 1/2 cup water) in lieu of the more complicated Creamy Miso Garlic sauce she recommends.  And I added some cold spaghetti noodles to bulk it up.


It was perfect!  A great light summer dinner.

Stay tuned for NY pictures later tonight.

No comments: