Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Black Bean & Sweet Potato Salad

Every single time I decide to make something with sweet potatoes I think to myself, "ugh, this isn't going to be good," and then every time I like it.  I don't know what my deal is!  I'm prejudiced against sweet potatoes, clearly.  But I'm also looking for summery things I can make that are hearty but not heavy, so I decided to try this recipe from Bean by Bean.

It is sweet potatoes, black beans, green beans, and scallions in a cilantro-honey vinaigrette (here is where I admit I didn't even care about bees when I was otherwise completely vegan).  The dressing called for one cup (!) of olive oil, but fat content issues aside, I'm not made of money over here.  I used 1/4 cup and replaced the rest with water and it seemed fine to me.


So yeah, this was great.  We ate it alongside BBQ soy curls sandwiches and it was perfect for a hot summer day.

No comments: