Sunday, June 10, 2012

New Car!

Today I said farewell to my Corolla, the first car I ever bought on my own, in October 2000.


It was kind of sad!  I didn't expect to be sad about getting rid of it, given that it had actually become somewhat distasteful to drive.  The interior had completely disintegrated.



And parts of the outside were starting to go also.


Ben has really been wanting a Subaru Impreza and he found a good deal on one that was in Knoxville, so then we had to wait ten days for it to be transferred to the Raleigh Carmax.  It was a LONG ten days.  But today they called and told us it was in!  We went out to test drive and he loved it, so we bought it.





It has a sunroof!  Fancy!


Now we have two new cars like normal grownups!  I'm going to drive the Mazda 6 we bought last summer.  I am so glad to be rid of that grimy old Corolla, even though it served me well for the past twelve years.  RIP!

No comments: