Saturday, August 18, 2012

Raspberry Pie

I am trying hard to institute a new tradition around here of a collaborative fancy dessert every Friday night.  Ben is not quite on board, but I have railroaded him into it the last two weekends and he seems pleased with the results, anyway.

Last night when I got home I made pie dough and stuck it in the fridge to chill, and then when he got home from work he rolled it out and made the Pucker Up Raspberry Pie from Vegan Pie in the Sky.  He is so much more of a patient baker than I am; I would have just slapped the crusts together willy-nilly and not bothered with the pretty lattice. The filling has 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar in it, which was really obvious before it was baked but afterward sort of seemed to disappear into the raspberries, just adding a little extra tartness, I guess.


It was REALLY good.  Like every berry pie I have ever made, it was really soupy even after cooling for a good hour, but firmed up overnight in the fridge.

No comments: