Friday, August 10, 2012

Maple Cupcakes

Last week Ben decided he wanted to stop eating dessert every night after dinner, so I didn't buy any ice cream or cookies at the grocery store when I went on Sunday.  By Tuesday, he had gotten all the vegan dessert cookbooks out and was going through picking things he wanted to make first.   Anti-dessert Experiment: Failure.

The first thing we made were the maple cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.  I made the sugared walnuts and the frosting, and Benjamin did the cake part and frosted them.  


The recipe called for frosting made mostly of soy milk powder and maple syrup, but I couldn't find soy milk powder even at Whole Foods, so I did a basic vegan buttercream and added maple extract.  It was perfect.  


Yay!  Cupcakes!

No comments: