Friday, August 10, 2012

Pineapple Noodle Stirfry

I made this recipe last night from World Vegan Feast.  The instructions say it takes less than 30 minutes, which is a lie unless you already have all the ingredients chopped up and ready to go.  I had to chop up a whole pineapple and a bunch of chard and mushrooms and garlic and grate some ginger and rehydrate soy curls.... all of that before the cooking even began.  I mean, this is not abnormal for our average dinner, but it irritates me when something is billed as quick and easy and it's not.  That's one reason I really like Isa Moskowitz's books best, because her time estimates are always right on the money.

Anyway!  I did not mean to go off on a semi-angry tangent there.  Especially because the dish was great and made a ton of food.


The pineapple was sauteed in a couple tablespoons of molasses before being mixed in with everything else and it added a nice caramelized flavor.  I thought it seemed like overkill to use an entire pineapple but it ended up being just the right amount, and the slight spiciness of the sauce cut the sweetness, too.  Win!

No comments: