Monday, July 9, 2012

Evening o' Gluttony

On Saturday night Ben and I went to Lilly's Pizza.  They have a pizza with rosemary roasted potatoes and garlic that I've been craving like crazy lately.  Ben is against pizza with potatoes on it, so he got a pesto and  cheese one with pistachios instead.  I took a picture of it but it has disappeared from my phone!  So you'll have to use your imagination.  He reported that it was great.

Here's mine with the potatoes and roasted onions and red peppers.  It was perfection.


So then we went around the corner to Hayes Barton Cafe, which has completely insane desserts.  They are $8 each, which seemed crazy to me the first time we went, but then I realized that each portion would easily feed three people.  They are enormous.  Way too big to eat in one sitting (unless you are Ben).  We always get ours to go.

Look at those cakes!




Ben got a piece of key lime pie that is 1/8th of a three-inch-tall pie and ate the entire thing in one sitting.  Then he whined around the rest of the night that he felt like he was going to die.

I got this peanut butter and chocolate thing which turned out to not be regular cake - the chocolate part is a layer of brownies - thick, dense, chewy brownies.  I couldn't even eat half this thing at once.




(Ben's hand for scale.)


The Lilly's/Hayes Barton thing is fun but must be limited to about once a year.  I'm still recovering.  Maybe because I ate the rest of that peanut butter brownie last night.

No comments: