Monday, July 16, 2012

Creole Tempeh and Grits

Oh, look, I got another cookbook: Vegan Soul Kitchen by Bryant Terry.  Although I'm a little annoyed by the style and presentation of the book, the recipes look pretty great across the board, and that's the important part.  One thing I really like about the book is that he gives you good ideas for where to start - at the very beginning, he groups his favorite six recipes into one introductory section.  This recipe, Creole Tempeh and Grits, is in that section, and is a vegan takeoff on the southern standard shrimp & grits.  I made some smoky collards to go on the side.


Yeah, it was amazing.  Tempeh is a genius substitution for shrimp, because the texture is actually pretty similar, and the flavors were just fantastic.  I'm impressed and excited to try more from this book.

No comments: