Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Spinach-Avocado Salad with Tempeh Asado

As I was driving home from work yesterday, I was thinking about this dinner, which was on the schedule, and thinking, "maybe I should just make something else."  It didn't seem like it would be filling enough and was maybe also a bit boring.  I should really know better than not to trust Viva Vegan!

This salad has few ingredients - just spinach, red onion, avocado, and tomato.  The tempeh asado is briefly marinated in a latin-ish sauce for about ten minutes and then fried.  But the dressing was the star, and it was super simple, too - just Veganaise, dried chiles that have been toasted and soaked in water for a bit, lime juice, and ketchup. 


Overall it was just fantastic, and easily kept me full until bedtime.  Now that our summer is here, I'm sure I will be making more entree salads for dinner.  Yay!

No comments: