Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Plate of Mexican-y Goodness

Normally I sit down with my cookbooks on Friday or Saturday and choose recipes and make a grocery list for the week.  We've had a crazy few weeks, though, and didn't get back in town this week until late Sunday night, so on Monday I went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of random vegetables with the intention of using them up with whatever staples we have around the house.  It's working pretty well!  Tuesday night we had quinoa, steamed broccoli, and tempeh all mixed up with peanut-lime dressing (from Appetite for Reduction) on top.

Last night I made the chipotle potato & seitan taco filling from Viva Vegan, but instead of eating it in tacos I served it over a big pile of lettuce and yellow rice with cherry tomatoes and avocado.  It was reeeeeeally good.  The discovery of how much I like to eat big mixed up piles of things is maybe my favorite unexpected side benefit of learning to cook vegan food.

I had leftovers for lunch today and even without the avocado (which naturally we polished off between the two of us last night), it was still delicious.

No comments: