Thursday, January 3, 2013

Asian Groceries

I went to Grand Asia Market last weekend in search of wonton wrappers, which for some reason Harris Teeter seems to have quit carrying.  I found them!  And naturally they were practically free.


While I was there, I picked up a full range of sauces that Terry Hope Romero uses in her new cookbook Vegan Eats World.  She has a lot of awesome-looking noodle recipes I've been wanting to try, but you need Thai Thin Soy Sauce or whatever.  I was kind of surprised I was able to find all this stuff!  And again, it was way, way cheap.  I love the ethnic grocery store.


I also picked up various weird tofus.  The tofu section in this place is incredible!

I already used this stuff in a rice dish - it was not spicy at all, but was flavored nicely and really dense and chewy.


Yet to be used:




This one says "halogen taste-flavor dried TOFU" in case you can't read it.  How could I not buy that?


No comments: