Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Path Toward Darkness

Tribeca Tavern is about three miles from our house. I drive by there every day but had never been until my new book club met there last month. I expected a boring bar & grill type place, but the menu was really interesting and everyone's food looked (and, they said, tasted) terrific. So last week I made Ben go there.

Now we are hooked. And it's all the pulled pork nachos' fault.

Last week we were starving so we ordered the small nachos to start.


I got the fried green tomato BLT for my entree but could only eat half. Fortunately Ben finished it off for me.


After he ate his fish & chips.


Okay. That was last Thursday. Then we had to go there again last night for more nachos. This time we ordered the large and then split a salad afterward. (We also sat at a table with much better lighting.)


So the issue now is that we are obsessed with pulled pork nachos, to the point where right now I have pulled pork in the crockpot at my house. You guys!! This is crossing a serious line. I feel sad. But also hungry for nachos.

The only perplexing thing about Tribeca Tavern is that the music is absolutely hideous and very loud. Last week it was 80s power ballads and soft rock a la Michael Bolton and Richard Marx, and last night it was the same sort of songs, except focusing on the mid 90s. It is very, very bad. I might write them a letter. Nevertheless, I'm pretty certain this is going to become our new neighborhood spot since our previous favorite closed last winter. Nachoooooooos!

1 comment:

Amy Harkins said...

Those nachos look incredible. Now I think I have to go get my best nachos for dinner tonight, dammit.