Friday, September 13, 2013

Babylon

Since for some reason we have both become comfortable with eating whatever we want lately, we've been able to try out a lot more restaurants that have been off limits the last several years due to avoiding animal products. Sorry, animals!  I am trying not too be too hard on myself because I am 36 and have so far gone through 3 extended periods of vegetarianism in my adult life, so I know I'll probably be back there someday. Right now, for whatever reason, I just don't feel like dealing with it.

So last week we went to Babylon. I had been there once with book club but Ben had never been. It's on the northern outskirts of downtown and has an amazing outdoor patio area.

Look at Benjamin's complicated shirt.


He ordered this salad to start with cucumbers and tomatoes and stuff.


I opted to just eat this free bread with herb butter.


For my entree I ordered the bison burger. I have never had bison that I can recall. It tasted pretty much like beef to me (although, it should be said, it's been years since I've had a beef burger so I can't be 100% sure). The bun was pita-esque, and the whole thing was smothered with cumin-scented onions and peppers. It was REALLY good.


Ben is a high roller and ordered the petite filet mignon, which he also very much enjoyed.


Here is the patio after dark.


This is really a great spot and we will be back for sure. It's amazing that it's right off Capital Blvd but really quiet and secluded, and has a huge free parking lot, a definite plus for downtown Raleigh.

No comments: