Thursday, September 5, 2013

Little Hen

To celebrate our 11th anniversary last weekend, we went out to dinner at Little Hen, a farm-to-table restaurant in Holly Springs that has been getting a lot of attention over the past year. It was an awesome meal!

Ben started with the grilled peach.

and I got the charred beets, which were served with goat cheese, bacon, jalapenos & a chile puree.  It was spicy!  I thought the round ball was a hush puppy but it is actually a perfectly breaded and fried ball of goat cheese.


Ben also insisted on ordering griddle bread with herb butter. I always feel like this sort of thing is kind of lost on me, as I really am not a bread person at all, but this was amazing. Maybe the best part of the meal!


I ordered the gnocchi with beans and tomatoes for my entree. This dish was totally made by the tomatoes, which bear absolutely no resemblance to what you find in a grocery store. They were so flavorful! 


Ben's entree was the hanger steak, which was (surprise!) also amazing. I had a couple of bites and the flavor was just incredible. You can really tell that this place puts a lot of work into choosing the freshest, highest quality products from local sources.


And here is a picture of our desserts - peanut butter cake with banana ice cream for me, peach crisp for Ben.


Little Hen was a great choice for our anniversary dinner! I will be highly recommending this place to a lot of people. It's kind of a hike for us, about 30 minutes away, but definitely worth the drive.

No comments: